Purpose Statement, Goals & Objectives and Professional Relationships
The purpose for the establishment of a chiropractic clinic exists solely for the betterment of humankind. The community of interest to which this clinic will be dedicated includes health care consumers, other allied health care providers, students, educators, and all others interested in the improvement of the health condition of humankind.
This commitment to serve causes every element within our purview to be tested, challenged, refined, and improved until it becomes the ultimate manifestation of all those involved.
Our purpose is to advance traditional chiropractic practices in a climate of service, of love, and of giving for the sole reason that it is right and proper.
CLINIC GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
1. To function as a primary health care provider, with the ability to evaluate the health status of patients and to consult and refer patients within the health care system in accordance with professional health care standards and ethics.
2. To promote the growth and development of the profession through research in chiropractic principles and practice.
3. To encourage the development of high standards of ethics, so that chiropractors may better serve their patients, the public and the profession.
4. To encourage open communication with members of other health care disciplines as well as with members of the chiropractic profession.
5. To teach chiropractic history, philosophy and principles as a foundation for the practice of chiropractic; and, to better educate the public on the maintenance of health and its achievement through chiropractic care.
6. To encourage active volunteer participation in our communities and to work for the betterment of the human condition.
In October 1990 when United Nations Ave. Chiropractic Center, Inc. (UNCC or U.N. Chiropractic) established its first chiropractic clinic in Ermita, Manila, we also established our:
- Purpose Statement
- Goals and Objectives
The Purpose Statement and Goals & Objectives were based on legislation in the United States, chiropractic history and "Best Practices" throughout the world. For UNCC, this meant that we must employ the highest quality staff to implement these goals and objectives. From the very beginning, currently and for the foreseeable future, we will accept nothing less than the criteria listed herein:
- Ensure employment of staff who graduated from an accredited chiropractic college recognized by the Chiropractic Council on Education.
- Ensure employment of staff who have obtained Doctor of Chiropractic certification by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
- Ensure employment of staff who obtained a chiropractic license in one of the 50 United States, a U.S. Territory, or another country that grants licenses that are recognized by the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards (FCLB).
- Ensure employment of staff who has passed a background check and maintain a standard of personal and professional conduct that does not warrant any disciplinary action to be taken.
Over the years, UNCC professional relationships have been based on our Purpose Statement and Goals & Objectives. Our loyalty is to the chiropractic profession and what is in the best interest of those whom we serve in the Philippines. As a point of clarification, over the past 20+ years and as we go forward, we will continue to be focused on issues to improve chiropractic care and education. This will guide our actions, not any individual or group concerns that we consider counterproductive.